Having installed a new Dosatron, it does not work. Why not?
- Is the unit installed the right way round, according to arrow?
- The BYPASS must be in the ON position.
- Was the priming (of the emply unit) carried out slowly?
When starting the unit, it 'clicks' but no product is sucked up.
- Check that the suction hose is submerged in the concentrate.
- Make sure the priming procedure is carried out correctly.
- Check that air is not being sucked in at the suction hose connection.
The unit does not suck up the correct quantity of chemical.
- How was the concentration of chemical in the water measured?
- DOSATRON dosing principle:1 volume of chemical for 100 volumes of water by setting at 1% (1:100).
- When were the dosing seals last changed?
- Excessive flow, causing cavitation. (A temporary vacuum being formed in the doser body by each stroke of the plunger. May also be caused by viscous products - contact your dealer).
The adjustment of the dosing rate cannot be done easily.
- Has the pressure in the installation been reduced to zero before adjusting?
- Has the blocking ring of the adjusting nut been released (one turn approximately)?
The unit is over-dosing.